- Serving size: 1 level tsp or 2 bamboo scoops = about 2 grams (adjust to suit your need)
- Enjoy 1 serving each morning and 1 serving after lunch.
- *Note - If you have a sweet tooth, you might not like the grassy note in pure matcha with just water, add honey or your favorite sweetener to taste.
- Uji Premium and Uji Reserve require less sweetener to be sweetened.
Health Benefits and Amount per Serving of 2 Grams:
- Catechins: ~240mg (includes 120mg EGCG), a powerful antioxidant.
- L-Theanine: ~30mg, a precious amino acid almost unique to matcha. It increases mental calmness and focus across a few hours. Higher in Uji Premium and Uji Reserve.
- Caffeine: ~60mg ( = ~2/3 of an 8 oz cup of coffee). Improves alertness and energy level.
- The unique combination of caffeine and theanine may have the effect of making you feel alert and calm at the same time without jitter and sustaining the mental focus without a crash. Studies show its effects on improving mental clarity and cognitive performance.
- Matcha Bowl (Chawan), your favorite cup or pourer
- Matcha Spoon (Chashaku) or Tea Spoon
- Electric Whisk
- Tea Kettle - Make a remarkable Iced matcha using Hot Water between 165-175F. You can boil water and let it sit for 3-5 minutes prior to pouring.
How to make delicious Iced tea using Hot matcha to bring out that deep flavor:
Step 1: Sift 2 Grams of Matcha in your favorite cup or pourer (Recommended). Push matcha gently through the sifter into the cup.
Step 2: Add about 20 ml of water or 1 oz just enough to saturate the matcha and stir gently with electric whisk. The matcha should be thick. This helps bring out the umami of the matcha.
Step 3: Add 4 oz of water and begin to whisk the matcha. Tilt the cup slightly and make sure to get the corners of the cup. Add sweetener now and adjust to taste.
Step 4: Pour over Ice and add more water to fill the cup.
Step 5: Sip and Enjoy.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.